Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Taste of the Wild: Eating Bobcat

Don't get me wrong, I'm a city girl. There's no possum stew or squirrel steaks going on in my home. It's just that I am an extremely curious person. I believe that when an opportunity presents itself, you take it!

One of my friends (well, a friend of a friend) hit a bobcat with his car and decided to clean it, gut it, and then wimped out on eating it. So my brother threw some seasoning on the bobcat steaks and tossed those puppy's in the oven.

The meat was stringy, tough, and tasted a bit gamey...like lamb. I think we should have marinated the meat and slow cooked it. I googled "recipe for bobcat" and "how to cook bobcat" and found nothing. I thought for sure some backwoods squirrel eating person would have a road kill recipe blog. After all, this is the Internet. You can find anything, right? Well, apparently you can't find a recipe for bobcat.


I don't taste very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment