Monday, January 30, 2012

Her favorite word is Mustache!

My daughter and I were doing that thing where you put your hair under your nose and call it a mustache. I would like to teach her the finger 'stache, but since she's a toddler, I'm afraid it will look like she is smelling her finger like a weirdo.

In true toddler fashion, my daughter's new favorite word is mustache. This makes me laugh and got me pondering about mustaches in society. I feel that the finger 'stache is vastly under used. Sure there's that steam punk movement that embraces the finger 'stache, but how about the rest of us.

There is a certain quiet dignity in using a finger 'stache when making important statements. An air of respect, if you will. So, this is my plea to others. In important social situations, let us embrace the finger 'stache. After all, shouldn't we live in a dignified society?

This picture is from the following site and is available as a t-shirt. http://www.wearyourstory.com/mustache.html

No comments:

Post a Comment