Friday, January 28, 2011

A man named Silver

So, I was buying sunglasses at the Sunglass Hut the other day. Yes, in the winter in Washington State, I was blinded by the one sunny day that we had. Doesn’t that warrant a $200 pair of sunglasses? Anyway, I found myself obsessed with the middle aged gothic man working there. I always pictured Sunglass Hut employees as young and outdoorsy. This man was neither. He was very polite, just not what I expected.

He had longish hair, and a black shirt with the first few buttons unbuttoned. This showed off his silver medallion gothy necklace. (I just invented the word gothy, do you like it?) He had on two gothic rings, one on each hand and stood a little over 6 feet tall. When I asked him his name, he replied that it was Silver, like the element. I have a feeling he chose this name to seem cool. Cool as ice...or cool as silver I suppose. Of all the things that I found odd about Silver, there was one thing in particular that stood out. My one burning question for Silver is this: Why the exposed chest hair? Why Silver? Why?

2 comments:

  1. Was Silver's chest hair silver? That would be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete